On 12 October the BSB will be visiting Glasgow to conduct a roundtable discussion, kindly hosted by BSB member firm Morgan Stanley, looking the topic of employment in financial services. The
On 12 October the BSB will be visiting Glasgow to conduct a roundtable discussion, kindly hosted by BSB member firm Morgan Stanley, looking the topic of employment in financial services.
The event will take place with around 20 invited participants, including a mix of banking practitioners (with some HR specialists), the Chartered Banker Institute, educationationalists, recruitment consultants, trade and credit unions, local faith groups, CAB Scotland and other charities.
The discussion will cover:
- What are the particular skills and employment challenges in Scotland?
- What impact does a vibrant financial jobs market in London have?
- Could the banking industry do more to drive up skills and professionalism across the sector and could that help restore trust in the sector?
- What could that look like in a Scotland context?
- The banking industry wants to create a more diverse workforce. How can it work with higher education to break down perceptions which might act as a potential barrier to entry?
- What opportunities can the industry offer young people? What role do apprenticeships and professional qualifications have to play?
- Is the industry able to create similar opportunities for people in older age groups, and with experience that may have been gained in other sectors? Can that valuable experience be harnessed?
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm